Friday, January 27, 2012

My studio space

My last apartment was a 2 bedroom, the second bedroom was the office/studio.  I never used it... well not for a studio anyway.  Whenever I worked, I worked in the living room so I could talk to Benn while he watched tv or played video games.  Or I worked in the kitchen.  Or I worked outside.  Basically, I worked wherever I was comfortable.

So when we moved into our 600 sq. ft. apartment in Lambertville, I didn't care that it didn't have a second room to dedicate as the "studio."  We have our all-purpose-table and a huge deck outside.  I say we, because Benn works on his own projects as often as I work on mine.  We are as good at sharing work space as we are sharing ideas and criticism.

The "everything" room.
But, when I need more space than 600' I am lucky to have my classroom at work.  There have been many a day when I get to work early or stay late to take advantage of the large tables, enormous sink, and plethora of (basic) supplies.


So those are the spaces where I spend 90% of my life :)

1 comment:

  1. Your art room looks awesome, Oz! I don't believe I've seen a photo of it before. Also, I just noticed it says "Mrs. Hatke" on the bulletin board, which is adorable.

    ReplyDelete