Thursday, April 12, 2012

other things

I've taken a little break from the bird seed, I got a little stumped with it so I've been working on other things while I let it simmer a bit. And now for something completely different... I've been making my own wedding dress for my encore-wedding this June and while it doesn't really have to do with my studio practice per say, I wanted to share my latest addition. I decided to embroider coordinates of important spots along the bottom of the dress.



The moral of the story, I still really like coordinates :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Jasmine - it does relate. Though I'm guessing that you don't want to make your wedding dress a studio piece (to subject it to a crit...), but it's obviously like your cape (both relate to costume, identity), and the dress' coordinates bring in a relationship to the bird video (they're both about place and time). The dress' coordinates hint at some underlying story.
    The work you're doing blurs the line between the studio and 'the world' quite naturally.
    Looking forward to seeing what you figure out for the final crit...
    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you are drawing ideas from your studio into your life... thats a fun connection to make regardless of if it is involved in the critique.

    ReplyDelete